Web design has come a long way in the last decade. Gone are the days of simple, one-color websites. Today’s web designs are full of vibrant colors and intricate designs that draw in viewers. This trend is called “captivating web design” and it has become increasingly difficult to achieve. Here are six tips for achieving captivating web design:
1. Use images. Images are the best way to draw viewers to your website. They serve as a focal point for your design and can help you create an engaging experience for visitors. A good rule of thumb is that each image should be at least twice the size of the text. Large images make the design feel more professional and will help visitors focus on the content.
2. Use a grid system. Grid systems are an easy way to organize your design and make it more aesthetically pleasing. The most common grid system is the three-column grid. The three-column grid is useful for displaying text in a clean, organized way. When designing your website, you can use the grid system to help structure your content and images.
3. Use color sparingly. Color can be a great way to create a visual contrast between various elements of your site and make it more visually appealing to visitors. If you are using color sparingly, don’t put too much emphasis on the colors you use.
4. Use a dominant color. A dominant color is a primary color that should be used on your website to help set your design’s overall tone and mood. Using a dominant color also gives it more impact than if you were to use only one or two colors throughout the site.
5. Use a color scheme. A color scheme is the combination of a dominant color, two or three secondary colors, and one accent color. The colors used in your design should complement each other and create a cohesive look throughout the site.
6. Use patterns instead of text. A pattern is a repeating design element such as stripes, dots, or circles that can be placed anywhere on your site and still look great.